Hi quest ,  welcome  |  sign in  |  registered now  |  need help ?

Welcome, is an honor if you feel comforted by a visit on this site. Thank you.

Striker Asamoah Gyan says he is staying at Sunderland

Written By andy on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 | 1:33 AM

Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan has rejected reports linking him with a move away from Wearside, saying he is "fully committed" to the club.

"I am not leaving Sunderland and I am not interested in these rumours in the newspapers and the internet," Gyan told African website MTNFootball.com.
The Ghanaian scored 11 goals in his debut season on Wearside last term.
Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn recently described reports suggesting Gyan was for sale as "embarrassing".
"I am fully committed to Sunderland because I love the institution and traditions of this club," Gyan added.
"I am staying at Sunderland next season and the foreseeable future as I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and Sunderland fans when we return next month."
Gyan is Sunderland's record signing, having joined from French club Rennes for a fee in excess of £13m in August 2010.
The 25-year-old has endeared himself to Black Cats supporters with his enthusiastic style and some important goals, including an injury-time equaliser in the Wear-Tyne derby against Newcastle in January 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment